Saturday, March 31, 2012

Adventures of Motherhood


Weird:

-- Paying for gas in the store. Do you really have to take the kid in just to pay for gas if you can't pay at the pump?

-- Eating at a buffet by yourself with the little fella. I had to take him up to the buffet with me every time I needed something.

-- Deciding if a restaurant I've been to several times is "kid-friendly." I've never had to contemplate that before.
(What is the general consensus about taking a baby to a restaurant and bar? The "and bar" part is a little tricky. Last night, we ate at Six Feet Under but were seated in the bar section of the restaurant. I don't know how I feel about this.)


Wonderful:

-- You can have a standing lunch date with a handsome young man. One that coos when you smile at him.

-- Cuddling in the mornings with your sleeping buddy.

-- Listening to him talk to his favorite toy, Mr. Owl.

-- First Easter Baskets full of... pacifiers?

-- Watching your stud-muffin husband talk to the mini, less hairy version of himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment