Sunday, June 24, 2012

Gratitude


For a couple of weeks, I've been trying to start my mornings by thinking of everything that I am grateful for. I've found that, in doing so, my brain is starting to become trained to notice small things and to not dwell so much on the things I'd like to have.

Of course, at the top of my list are Zeb and Finn. But here are a few of the things about them for which I am particularly grateful.

Zeb:
-- is incredibly humble and only talks about himself or his accomplishments when I ask about them. Which I ask about every day. (He secretly loves it.)
-- shares domestic duties with me. Cooks supper, takes care of Finn, washes his own laundry. It's clearly a miracle I found this guy.
-- has a strong desire to take care of his family.
-- is the very definition of strength to me.
-- likes to learn and share what he's learning.

Finn:
-- doesn't cry unless he's fighting sleep or if he's starving.
-- sleeps through the night and usually likes to cuddle in the mornings.
-- is a smiley, happy, content baby.
-- is an active little wiggle worm. That's what boys are supposed to be!


On top of that, I am extremely grateful:
-- that Zeb and my families have similar value systems. We were raised in families that teach respect and responsibility.
-- for the ENORMOUS amount of support that both sides of our family give us.
-- for a full pantry. Because of an anonymous gift of two bags full of groceries, our pantry is fuller than it's been in... quite a while.
-- for a home, and more specifically, our home.
-- that I really, honestly enjoy hanging out with Zeb's family.
-- for a job that I like! And that let's me be there to witness Finn's firsts.
-- for the opportunity to display some of my artwork. (After this Wednesday, you can see some of my photos hanging at Purple Corkscrew Wine Room in Emory Village!)
-- for wildflowers in my backyard and in my kitchen windowsill.
-- for ceiling fans.
-- for the smell of a clean house. Not that I know what that smells like right now exactly.
-- for the feeling after having beat my own time after a training walk/jog.
-- for cool nights after hot days.
-- for how unbelievably cool you can get in a pool in 90+ degree heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment