Tuesday, September 18, 2012

As I Write...

As I write this, my husband is driving away.

(Writing has always been my comfort. No matter how long I've forsaken it.)

Maybe I shouldn't sound so melodramatic.

We're starting a new adventure. It's an adventure.

Zeb was offered a job that we're both really excited about (and I'm so proud of him!). So he'll be training for six months, and then after that, we'll be our little family again in... Billings, Montana! Yes, it's cold there. Yes, it's far away, but we're excited to try a place neither of us has ever lived (or been to).

Zeb will only be six hours away while he's training, so we'll be able to visit each other occasionally, but it didn't make it any easier to see him drive away this morning.

I'm so thankful that we're around family while he's away.

My theories on repotting still stand true. So now we know -- we'll be settling those roots in Big Sky Country!

As I write this, I hear a gander of Canadian Geese flying south for the colder months ahead. When Zeb's finished with his training, they'll be heading north again.



2 comments:

  1. Ah!!! Cool! I am visiting you in Montana, friend! (Maybe I'll be on that side of the country by then, anyway!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be amazing! Where are you thinking of applying for jobs?

    ReplyDelete