Monday, January 30, 2012

Realizations of a New Mother: Episode II

-- I'm getting kinda good at typing with one hand while holding Finn with the other.

-- Sometimes Finn sleeps with his eyes open and keeps them closed when he's wide awake.

-- Throughout most of my life, I never really believed in soulmates. Then I met Zeb, and everything clicked so easily and comfortably with him that I became a believer. But I really think that a mother's truest soulmates are her children while they're young. There is absolutely no satisfaction or joy greater than realizing that your newborn is comforted the most by your presence -- that he listens and watches for you to enter the room.

-- Bar none, the most awkward stage of attire throughout the whole pregnancy process is RIGHT NOW for me. Maternity pants fall down; regular jeans don't fit. I mean, yoga pants are fine until you want to look even relatively attractive/cool. Even tops don't fit over my boobs since I'm breastfeeding. I don't want to buy new clothes for this awkward stage because, gosh darn it, I don't plan on being here long.

-- This has been my best birthday ever. I've hung out and played with Finn all day, and now we're all going to my favorite restaurant in Carrollton for dinner. 30 is looking reeeeal good so far.

1 comment:

  1. Motherhood is the BEST! Love that you are breastfeeding. It will help him so much if you can do it for at least 4 months, you have given him a great start. Brainwise and healthwise. You can buy some things which fit you now, then use them another time. Go on. Splurge for one new outfit which fits you now! If I were there I would take them in for you. Will see your new bundle next time I am in Carrollton, probably about end of March. Congratulations! You look GREAT!

    ReplyDelete