Monday, October 15, 2012

Mares Eat Oats, and Does Eat Oats... But I Don't!

The weekend snuck past me! Funny how the weekends fly by these days and the weekdays -- well, they fly by, too.

I'll make up for missing posts on Saturday and Sunday by listing three things I'm grateful for here.

1. A pantry and fridge full of HEALTHY foods. And the money to buy them. I started follow the Paleo diet again yesterday, and I already feel better. It's really amazing to me how fast my digestive issues go away when I eat what I should be eating (or more importantly, not eating what I know I shouldn't be eating.) So I'm not eating grains, dairy, sugar, or excessive carbs of any kind. I don't feel bloated or gassy or tired or depressed. It's a lifestyle I hope to totally adopt, but for now I'm taking baby steps and committing to two full weeks of Paleo.

2. The ability to SAVE money for once. Now that we have two incomes, we can actually pay down our debt and save a little bit for our move in April. This is huge for me. Huge.

3. Alpacas, goats, mini cows, llamas, bunnies, and sheep. We went to Ole McDermitt's Farm and pumpkin patch yesterday, and while Finn was so exhausted he could barely keep his eyes open, I found it quite the rush to feed carrots to the llama with enormous teeth.

via PuffinArt on Flickr


No comments:

Post a Comment